Now that the land contract is done, we went to lock in the build today. Read through our quote in detail and made a few minor changes along the way (does it ever end?!)
But it’s now underway and we’re officially a customer 🙂 We’ll be assigned an admin contact in around a week’s time and will set up our colour and electrical appointments.
The land contract went to our conveyancer on Monday and everything checks out, so we signed it with the developer this afternoon.
We are officially one step closer to being home (land) owners!
Expensive ream of paper
Some of the stuff we’re hopefully including in our build;
- Upgrade to 9′ ceiling height, 8′ door height and square set cornice
- Timber floating floorboards
- Bath to ensuite option
- Shower niches
- Extend walk in pantry and add cavity sliding door
- Double glazed windows
- Single entrance to theatre (standard floor plan has one each side)
- Delete bulkheads in doorways
- Undermount sink, pot/bin drawers
- Lots more power points
- Lots of LED downlights
How much of this is affordable/achievable we’re not sure yet 🙂
Our customised floor plan looks something like this:
Customised Monaco floor plan
Just need to get our land contract signed and then we can get moving!